Sunday, March 9, 2014

Yum | Healthy Snacks


I recently decided that I wanted to start eating healthier and get fit again! I really want to try to stick with it this time since I usually only last around a few weeks of healthy eating and working out. I can already feel the difference in my body and it has only been about a week! Here are some of my favorite healthy snacks since I tend to snack a lot throughout the day.

1.) Air-popped Popcorn: It's quick and easy to make your own in the microwave! Just put the kernels in a brown paper bag, fold over the edge, and place it in your microwave. I like to add olive oil and salt to mine. Here is an old video I made showing how to do this:


2.) Frozen Banana Pieces: Slice up a banana and put the slices in the freezer for a few hours. They taste so wonderful and creamy. 

3.) Apple Slices with Almond Butter: You can also use peanut butter or sun butter (from sunflower seeds). 

4.) Hummus and Veggies or Chips: My favorite brand of hummus is not pictured above, but it is Sabra.

5.) Roasted Carrots: I've been obsessed with these! Slice up some baby carrots lengthwise, drizzle olive oil, salt, and a little bit of brown sugar over them. Put them in the oven at 375° F for about 15 minutes. Make sure to check on them and move them around a bit, so that they don't burn!

-Chelsea

No comments: