Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birth Control for Acne.

There are many birth control pills that can help acne, including Yaz, Yasmin, Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, and Mircette. They help regulate your hormones, so if you suspect your acne is hormonal and nothing else has helped it, you may want to try birth control pills. Birth control pills have different effects on everyone, so you might have to do some experimentation. Make sure to give it at least 3 months to work, though, unless you are experiencing horrible side effects. Some people don't want to take birth control pills because of the possible side effects, like blood clots. I was nervous about taking it, but my dermatologist said I'm not at risk. If you are over 35, overweight, and/or smoke, then you will be at greater risk. Of course, I'm not a professional, so make sure to check with your doctor.


Haha, I feel like a commercial.


Currently, I am taking Yaz. The reason my skin started breaking out was because I went off of birth controll pills, and my dermatologist said there is nothing else I could try besides going back on birth control or taking Accutane. I would definitely not want to take Accutane. I've tried Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo and Mircette in the past, but they gave me horrible headaches. I've been taking Yaz for almost 2 weeks, and I feel fine, so I'm pretty excited. Hopefully it helps my skin.

No comments: